Kali Mirchi Gosh (Black Pepper Beef)

When I bought that huge package of mushrooms I also bought a huge pack of green beans I almost forgot about.  So I decided to make my mom's Kali Mirchi Gosh with Beans and Potatoes.  The major change I did was how I cooked the beans.  My mom seperately boils then and salt and peppers them.  To me that meant another pot to wash so I just dumped them in the pot when the meat and potatoes were done.  My potatoes also didn't taste seasoned after cooking so I sprinkled salt and pepper on them.  Next time I would add 2 potatoes.




Kali Mirchi Gosh
Slightly adapted from Mummy
Printer Friendly

1 pound boneless veal
3 tbsp canola oil
2 small onions, thinly sliced
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp adrak laysan (ginger-garlic paste)
1/4 tsp shah zeera (black cumin)
1/2 tsp salt
handful of green beans, trimmed and cut in half
1 potato, sliced (I leave the skin on)

In a pot put everything except the beans and potato.  Cook on med-high heat until the veal is nicely brown all over.  Add about 1 1/4 cup water and cook until tender.  You may need to add more water as it cooks.

Add the sliced potato and cook till tender.  Add green beans and cook till tender.  Sprinkle both sides of potato with salt and pepper.  Serve with warm roti.


Note: I used a pressure cooker and cooked the meat for 15 minutes.  Then I added the potato and cooked for another 4 minutes.  Then I tossed in the beans and cooked on low with the lid on until tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Tacos {Remake}