Quick Brownies

These brownies are super fast to make and bake in 25 minutes.  My major change to this recipe was to replace the melted butter with canola oil.  At CanolaInfo.org they have a conversion chart for substituting oil for melted butter.  I've used this in other recipes and have had no problems.  Also, I used vanilla powder instead of vanilla extract.  If you are using vanilla extract, add it with the wet ingredients.  I didn't add any nuts although I think walnuts would taste good in these.  If you warm the brownies in the microwave, top with vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup it makes a really good dessert.


Brownies
Adapted from Dairy Goodness

3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup sugar 
1 tsp vanilla powder 
2 eggs
1/3 cup canola oil
3 tbsp water
1/2 cup nuts (optional)

Preheat over to 325 F.  Grease a square baking pan.

Stir together flour, cocoa powder, salt, sugar and vanilla powder.

Add eggs, canola oil and water.  Mix until smooth.  Stir in the nuts if using.

Bake for about 25 minutes.  When cool, sprinkle with icing sugar and cut into pieces.

2 comments:

  1. These look really good, I think this is supercool that you are doing this. Are these brownies moist? you inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are not supermoist since they are lower in fat than typical brownies. If you make them, heat them up in the microwave and then top with ice cream and chocolate syrup (I use Nesquik) and they taste really good.

    On the left hand column, click Follow and you will get updates when I add new recipes.

    by the way I am still waiting for that yummy alfredo pasta recipe you made the last time I came over....

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Tacos {Remake}