Easy Overnight Oats with Banana

Easy Overnight Oats

In the past, my go to breakfast has always been a bowl of cereal.  Mornings are rushed with getting the boys to two different schools on time.  Cereal for breakfast is fast to prepare and requires minimal work, but many cereals have a lot of sugar in them making them not the best choice for breakfast.  When I started the 6 Week Fitnest Challenge by Zehra Alibhai a couple of years ago, I changed some of my eating habits.  That's when I started eating these Easy Overnight Oats with Banana.  I have been trying different recipes and finally settled on one that I really like.  Preparing a few jars ahead of time, makes it easy to make a healthy choice for breakfast.  I still haven't gotten my boys onto the these Easy Overnight Oats yet.  Also, if my husband needs to grab a quick breakfast, there is something prepared for him to eat.  I originally didn't add the chia seeds and one day I thought to toss some in and see how it turned out.  I loved the result, the oats were thick and it gave a nice creaminess to the oats.  You can have these with our without the chia seeds.

On a side note, the backdrop I used in the picture is the one I made for the Sweetographer Backdrop Challenge.  I had some struggles due to my spackle being old and dry but I like how it turned out.  Now that I've learned the technique, I will definitely be making more!  If you are looking to up your food photography, definitely checkout Sadra's Instagram account!

1 comment:

Featured Post

Tacos {Remake}