Honey Yeast Rolls

A rectangular baking dish with Honey Yeast Rolls


Update October 13, 2021 
Made these rolls after a long time and decided to update the picture.  I first posted this recipe 10 years ago.  I've kept the original picture to remind me of how my photography has improved over the years.  It's also been a long time since I've taken a picture for the blog and it was nice to get back into it.  Hasan and Bilal devoured these rolls when they got home from school.  They are really not difficult to make.  They just require time for all the rising.  
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original Post
Now that I finally understand how to work with yeast I have been loving making bread at home. I've made these rolls three times.  The first 2 times the dough over rose because I got busy with the kids and I ended up with Monster Honey Yeast Rolls.  They still tasted great though!  This last time I paid attention to the rising so they weren't as humungous as before.  Next time I will use a springfoam pan rather than a cake pan.  The sides are higher and I had a problem with the honey that was brushed on top spilling over on the oven.  It may seem like the honey mixture you brush on top is too much but it all seeps to the bottom between the cracks and the bottom gets nice and sweet.


17 comments:

  1. Superb rolls ..love the crust!!
    First time to your space and glad to follow you :-))
    Do drop by my space too
    Erivum puliyum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just need some tea to enjoy this rolls ...looks yum

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow they are so perfect and yum...totally delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks yummy - love the sheen on top.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These rolls perfectly baked & so delicious. Glad to follow you. Visit me at smart-snacks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks perfect...im sure it tasted great too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, they look so soft and perfectly baked..

    ReplyDelete
  8. super O super... looks so tempting..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice idea to brush with honey, its given them a lovely browned look. Will try that next time, coz mine sometimes look pale and anemic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhh these look divine! I would love to try them... I have never baked rolls like these and they look so so inviting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Asiya, have you every baked these with all-purpose flour? I wonder how they're turn out. I don't have any bread flour at home and wanted to bake these tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Sahar : I just made these rolls on the weekend! Bread flour has more gluten and gives the bread more chew. If you use all-purpose it will change the result. Probably won't rise as much and be less chewy. If you use AP let me know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Tacos {Remake}