Cranberry Loaf

My friend Julie emailed me this recipe a few years ago.  I never got around to making it.  I had never been fond of cranberries.  I had bought some Craisins for my son and have been snacking on them lately.  I was looking through my recipes and came across this recipe and thought I would give it a try.  My changes were to replace the melted butter with oil.  I also reduced the cranberries and omitted the almonds.  I don't like nuts in baked goods.  This was super easy and quick to make.  It would go great with a cup of tea.



Cranberry Loaf
Adapted from Dairy Goodness
Printer Friendly

3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp each, baking soda and salt
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups milk, soured, or buttermilk
1/2 cup canola oil
1 tbsp vanilla powder or extract
1/2 cup dried cranberries (you can add up to 1 cup of dried cranberries)

Note: To sour milk, measure 2 tbsp vinegar or lemon juice into a measuring cup and pour in enough milk to make 1 1/2 cups. Let sit for 5 minutes.

Preheat over to 350 F.

Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan and line with parchment paper.

In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  Make a well in the center and add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla.  Sprinkle the cranberries on top.  Mix until just combined.  Spread into prepared pan and bake for 65-75 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.

Cool in pan for 10 minutes.  Remove from pan and continue to cool on a wire rack. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice recipe, the loaf come out beautifully. I just used regular milk, didn't sour it, I wonder what difference it would have made?

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Tacos {Remake}