Tuna Cups & Awards!

I don't know where the original for these are from.  I got it from my friend Julie.  When we used to work together she made these for me.  She was so thoughtful when she made these.  She knew I didn't eat pork so she made sure that she used a separate cutting board.  These were so good that I got the recipe from her.  The original recipe had green peppers and celery.  I never buy celery.  Instead of green peppers I decided to put some green chilli to spice it up.  Everyone in my family loves these.  I don't make them very often because they are pretty high in fat.


I usually make this in a regular muffin tin but this time I used a mini muffin tin.  If you have a very salty cheese you may want to reduce the salt.  One time I bought a vegetarian cheese and I didn't taste it before making these.  They turned out very salty.



Tuna Cups
Adapted from Julie

1 package Pillsbury dough (I used the reduced fat one)
1 tin tuna, well drained
1 hard boiled egg, diced
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 green chilli, minced
1/4 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 375 F.

In a large bowl mix together tuna, egg, cheese, mayonnaise, green chilli and salt.  Remove dough from fridge.  If you are using regular muffin tins, divide each triangle into 2 pieces.  For mini muffin tins divide into 3.  Shape each piece of dough into a little cup.  Place in your muffin tin and fill with tuna mixture.  I always spray my muffin tins with some oil because I'm always paranoid that they will stick.

Bake for 10-15 minutes and enjoy!

Print Friendly and PDF

And now for the awards....I've been given my first 2 awards.  The first is from Jay @ Tasty Appetite.




The second is from Ambreen @ Simple Sweet 'N Savory




Both Jay and Ambreen always drops by my blog and leave very thoughtful comment.  Please check out their blogs and some of their mouthwatering recipes!  Now I get to pass the honor on to some of my fellow bloggers:

Manu @ Manu's Menu
Julie @ Erivum Pulliyum
Divya @ Divya's Recipes
Sawsan @ Chef in Disguise
Krithi @ Krithi's Kitchen

Please take a look at my fellow bloggers and see the amazing dishes they create!

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your awards
    They are very well deserved and thank you so much for passing them to me
    I am truly honored
    I love tuna and the idea of those cups is really tempting
    looking forward to trying them
    Thank you again for the award Asiya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, looks fantastic & delicious! And double congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummilicious dish!!! :-)))

    Congratulations on the awards! All well deserved!!!
    THANK YOU soooo much for passing them on to me, I am really honoured and very very HAPPY!!!

    Have a great day Asiya! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi u have a nice blog you can visit my blog and give ur valuable comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice treat......Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the awards ! Theses little cups sound so good. It was sweet of your friend to share the recipe and make some special for you. Thanks for sharing with the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow..Awesome cups,yummy!!I had the same filling with cheese crackers..tastes good!
    Congrats on your well deserved awards and Thanx for sharing it with me..



    Erivum Puliyum

    Ongoing Event -Christmas Delicacy (15 Nov-31 Dec 2011)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the well-deserved awards! And the tuna cups look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats dear....u truly deserve those..:)
    tuna cups sounds amazingly tasty..
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow...tuna cupcakes..looks awesome n congrats on all your awards !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on ur awards....Those tuna cups looks so perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Tacos {Remake}